Tuesday 31 May 2011

Gordon's Great Food Inspiration


So it's been a while since my last post but that is partly because I've been indulging in catch up TV and one of the gems I've been watching is Gordon Ramsay's great escape to South East Asia. Firstly because i love food but secondly because he's in the part of the world that I'll be in this December. We will be staying in Thailand for a month so I was excited to see the food awaiting us there! The programme is great because Gordon gets stuck in, isn't afraid to try anything (beating snake heart anyone??!!) and he's honest about what he tastes, cooks and sees. Food allows a great insight into the culture of a country i think and you can essentially sum up what is great about a country in a dish. He also crushes any food stereotypes one may have of a country. Just as theres more to the UK than fish and chips, theres more to Thailand than green curry and pad Thai. I can not wait to try the food in Thailand but for now i shall be cooking up some of Gordon's recipes in south London!! One of my favourite looking one's is his tom yam recipe, check it out here - http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show-recipes/gordonsgreatescaperecipes/gordons-tom-yam-recipe

HX

No comments:

Post a Comment